Saturday, June 06, 2015

6 feet 190

Dan Patrick has a radio show where callers give height and weight. 6 feet 190 has been my calling card for 50 years. A little background is in order. As most of those know who have seen me in concert, the first 18 years of my life were spent behind bars. There was a bar in Northport and one in East Meadow. OK--not those kind of bars. I was sentenced 1-18 years to live with the wardens on their grounds in Huntington, Long Island, New York. Basically, from 1956-1968 were the dates of my incarceration. It was not a pretty time for me. Many of the horror stories are in my book Gift To My Dad (Amazon, 2010) In May, 1968 I was granted parole and began staying at a Halfway House in Lindenhurst (sister's house). What all of this has to do with 6 feet 190 will become clear as soon as I can navigate thrugh the clouds. After getting parole, I went from 125 to 190 with boxing, walking and hard work. I was a man of steel. 50 years later I am 65 and still maintain the 190 weight. How can I possibly do that while managing a 20 hour day? Become a student and find out.

No comments: