Saturday, July 26, 2014

Went To A Class Reunion

with thanks to the late great Ricky Nelson
  • I went to a Class Reunion to reminisce with my old friends
    A chance to share old memories and play our songs again
    When I got to the Reunion party, they all knew my name
    No one recognized me, i didn't look the same
  • [Chorus]
  • But it's all right now, i learned my lesson well.
    You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself
  • People came from miles around, everyone was there
    Zaccheo faked an injury, there was magic in the air
  • A committee acted arrogant-seemed like much of the same
  • When I complained about the music being loud--they fingered me with the blame.
  • 'n' over in the corner, much to my surprise
    Chris Furst and Gary Moore 
  • I couldn't believe my eyes.
  • Asked Steve Henry if he remembered a certain game
  • He said he couldn't recall
  • I had played with these guys for 10 years
  • They seemed to forget it all
  • Shared with them my Casey at The Bat
  • Thought that's why they came
  • No one heard the poem, we didn't look the same
    I said hello to smashing Lorraine she made the Hall of Fame happen for me
    When they hit me up for the website,
  • It was time to leave
  • Someone opened up a closet door and out stepped Bobby Greco
  • Smiling for pictures as if he was posing for the yearbook
  • It was time to go
    If you gotta play at class reunions, i wish you a lotta luck
  • But if we are going to play high school games, I rather drive a truck
  • n' it's all right now, learned my lesson well
  • You see, ya can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself

No comments: