Friday, June 01, 2012

Pernicious

per•ni•cious/pərˈniSHəs/ Adjective: Having a harmful effect, esp. in a gradual or subtle way. Synonyms: malign - noxious - baneful - harmful - pestilent - fatal PERNICIOUS is a power word because the great majority of the words I choose, as a writer, are words which describe. You will be using the tools of this course to choose your own power words. My suggestion is to select words which you intend to use and not words which will impress others. What is your picture for PERNICIOUS. I see a vicious tumor, as if I am observing diseased tissue in a microscope in the pathology lab. My picture is a suggestion, a starting point for you. And on the subject of creating pictures in your mind, here are four books which can help you with that. 1. GIFT TO MY DAD (Tarde/Amazon) 2. Creative Visualization (Gawain) 3. Directing The Motion Pictures of Your Mind (Bry)

No comments: