Monday, May 10, 2010

Why Does Your Heart Go on Beating?

There must be a reason.

Are you alive?

Really alive?

I work with people who are on fire.

It was Thoreau who said that most people are living lives of quiet desperation.

When I was 22 years old taking the Cross Bronx Expressway into work each morning, I said to myself.

Self, I said. Do you really want to be repeating this ground hog day morning for the next 35-40 years?

The answer was a resounding, vibrating, deafening, NO! NO! NO! NO!

No damn way!

I wanted to live a life of freedom.

I never wanted to wear a necktie as if I had a noose tied around my neck.

I wanted to be my own boss, living my life in my own way, working the hours I wanted to work.

And that is still true to this day, some 40 years after I left life in New York City to the serendipitous climate of San Diego, California.

And I write thees words on a Monday morning, while most of the USA is still asleep.

My clock reads 3:37 AM California time.

My life is on fire.

Those who read my words and are inspired to live their life with the same passion sre the people I am attracted to.

I need your talent.

I need your energy.

I need you to help me to help others.

Collectively, we can provide opportunities for so many to put their lives back on track.

But you need to be able to hear me above the noise.

Why does your heart go on beating?

Because you were destined to live the life you were meant to live.

Not a life of quiet desperation.

You were meant to live life alive.

You were meant to live life as if you were on fire.

Not as if you were sound asleep!

Let's share the journey.

Contact me today.

We can do it together.

And life will never be the same.

No comments: