Thursday, May 13, 2010

There is a Destiny That Makes us Brothers

There is a destiny that makes us brothers
None goes his way alone
All that we send into the lives of others
comes back into our own.

I love that little poem by Edwin Markham.

Don't you?

It cogently expresses what Goethe described as the golden chain which society is bound together.

It takes one good thing for us to be kind.

For some, this comes as easy as it does for them to breathe.

For others, not so much.

For my foundation, I am on the phone constantly trying to raise funds.

My passion is educating students how the power of visualization can help them master the art of vocabulary, writing, reading, speaking and thinking.

If I reach enough kids and their parents, I might change the future of public education in America.

That is my American dream and I live it every hour of my life.

If you would like to help me on my journey, donate today through my paypal account.

It will make you a Visualizer for life.

My personal account at paypal is stevetarde@yahoo.com

So many of my students have helped me.

So many more are being called on to join them.

For they have been in my classroom and have seen for themselves first hand just what the power of visualization can do.

It can make a difference in so many lives.

As it has for them......................

There is a destiny that makes us brothers.

If you discover that destiny, you will live your life in a way few others live.

I know that living a life driven by the power of visualization and spreading that power to parents and kids is a life sustaining force for me.

Recently, I met a student who was in the private school where I perfected my visualization and vocabulary connection.

Lee Murray is an extraordinary person who first crossed my path more than 30 years ago.

I will meet her again in Miami in November when we celebrate the little school which helped so many and closed its doors forever in 1982.

Lee and her husband Shawn went to Deerborne school where I taught from 1978-1982.

So many of my students have reached out to me to give me wings on my journey to change the world one student at a time.

Just as I had helped them decades earlier.

That is what paying it forward is all about.

Now, I can do something for Lee.

Today is that day.

She has joined me along the Yellow Brick Road.

Her destination is to return to Haiti.

We all are aware that Haiti was decimated by a 7.0 earthquake in January of this year.

I have no problem with the many thousands of good people who have made Haiti their personal center of philanthropy over the past several months.

They are driven by their good heart to do good.

I am in the same business and i admire their passion.

But what of the many people who were for Haiti before it became in vogue to be for Haiti?

That is why I write today about Lee Murray.

She was for Haiti before being for Haiti became cool.

She did it because she believed education is a way out for the kids who come as we well know now, from one of the greatest stretches of poverty known to man.

As I teach the power of visualization in order that kids can escape their circumstances in search of a better life, Lee teaches art so that her Haitian students can dream of a better life as well.

What she first learned in a classroom next to mine in Coral Gables, Florida over 30 years ago, she is putting into the lives of those now desperately trying to just survive.

I started my blog entry today asking you to help me advance my destiny by making it yours.

I ask you now to find it in your heart to help Lee as well.

She needs to get to Haiti and she doesn't want to miss her window of opportunity.

Contact her by going to her Facebook page or you can make a donation for her by donating in her name at childhope.org

There is a destiny that makes us brothers
None goes his way alone
All that we send into the lives of others
comes back into our own.

I know you will do the right thing

I know you will help me help others.

I know you will help Lee get to Haiti.

We are all on this journey together.

Can you imagine how much we can do as a society when instead of closing our eyes to the unbounded possibilities in life, we ask a simple question.

What can I do to help?

No comments: