Monday, April 19, 2010

If Anyone Should Ever Write My Life Story!

My marriage of 32 years dissolved about three years ago.

I never thought I would ever get married in the first place.

Didn't want kids and thought that teaching them most of the year and having a pack of them run around after me each summer in day camp, was enough to scratch that itch.

That was until July 29.

I met her that day.

It was on the beach.

I had never met a girl like that on the beaches of the world before.

20 Days later we were married.

32 years later, it was all coming to an end.

That first night, alone without my girls, looking back I believe I was just numb.

By the weekend, as her betrayal became clear, the pain came crashing down all around me.

First, it was Billy Vera who shared his grief with me.

What did you think I would say at this moment.
When you're standing before me
With tears in your eyes
Trying to tell me that you have found another
And you just don't love me no more.

32 years
11,680 days

And in a matter of hours, as quickly as it had began, 32 years ago, it was over.

And 3 years later, the sun is beginning to shine once again and the music, that beautiful music, has returned to my life.

Here comes the sun...........

3 comments:

Bexy said...

Wow, Steve, I simply can't imagine the levels of pain through which this must have sent you. How wonderful, though, that as humans we have the propensity to heal. Kudos to you for grasping that possibility and making it a reality. Here comes the sun indeed. :)

Lorraine said...

do, do, do ,do, here comes the sun,do, do, do, do, and I say it's alright...better have your sunglasses in place, Steve...
Lorraine

KleoPatra said...

Your writing is so expressive, Steve. All of us who are human have pain and disappointment; i know you know you are not alone... Thank you for sharing these stories...