Thursday, September 28, 2017

A Burger Memoir

I have spent over 50 years looking for the best burger in America.


I will never stop my journey but I may have discovered a far greater audience.


This week in San Diego's Burger Lounge, loyalists begged me to take their story nationwide.


Now it's up to Burger Lounge.


Will they be willing to go off the menu?


America waits for their response.


Let me fill you in with some explanatory facts.


You might recall that the working title is called My Burger Memoir.


From pre McDonalds (that would be Mister B's on Long Island) through the juiciest cheeseburger ever in the seashore city of Long Beach (Timothy Tubbs), I am on a quest to take a bite of them all.


One girl once wrote on a notebook in 6th grade.


Mark, Larry, Paul. I love them all.


Unfortunately I was neither Mark, Larry or Paul.


But I digress.


It all started that day with the Burger Lounge buzz.


"Are you here to taste the burger? Is it your very first time inside the Burger Lounge? Which burger will you order? OMG! You're a writer! You are going to write about your lunch? OMG! I wish I had your job!"


After I thought about that, I couldn't help wondering.


I wish you had my job.too. How much better the world would be if you did. How much better for Burger Lounge as well.


I moved a safe distance away to sample the fare.


They kept buzzing.


Now they were debating the merits of the Big 3.


"He has to try The Classic. It's the grand slam of burgers. The American cheese is to die for!


"No! He's better off with the Lounge Burger. It's the signature of the Lounge!"


"You're both wrong. The Husky Burger has them all beat. Two words for this honey! Damn Good! And Damn Big!"


So what will it be?


It was the voice of my server, Edyth. She actually wanted me to make a choice. But how could I choose?


I was more interested in the choices being made right in front of me.


What first brought them into their very first Burger Lounge? How many Burger Lounges had they visited? What kept bringing them back?


You see I love burgers. I think that is a proven fact. But my mission is far greater. I am seeking to put Memoir on a national scale. People telling their story with the results spreading throughout society.


By understanding that, we will have a story to tell. We will get a greater sense of how different we all are and yet how much alike that makes us.


Would Burger Lounge want to come along for the ride? How many companies could we fit into this vehicle?


Does Burger Lounge want to share their stories by encouraging all of their customers to write their personal burger memoir.


I bit into my burger.


Pretty damn good!















No comments: