Saturday, June 25, 2016

60th Reunion

I took the train to my 60th Reunion.


Crazy people I would never have met driving my car.


That is if I still had a license to drive--which I don't.


    Never served in the military
    5 Star General




When I registered at the entrance, I was asked what was the year of my class.


I was a student in the 1955-56 year.


I see. That would be Miss Birch.


Yes. That is correct. Please tell her that I am here and would like to see her.


Oh, sir. I am afraid she's long gone.


Hmmm. Couldn't stick around for the fireworks?


A look of concern.


Sir, may we see some identification?


You mean something which dates back to when I attended kindergarten here?


No, we mean something like your driver's license.


Oh. I gave that up because of cataracts.I took the train over here today.




             never served in the military
             5 star general




If I can't see Miss Birch, can I speak to Mr. Wagner? I believe he was our principal.


People around me were becoming very uneasy.


What would you want to speak to Mr. Wagner about?


Spanish?


Spanish?


Yes, I would like him to explain how a school system had no idea that a Latin revolution was about to take place and that the whole world was going to be speaking Spanish--the whole world--except us!
I am thinking of filing a lawsuit.


Sir, will you wait here for a moment?


I figured they were going to get Mr. Wagner.


Instead, it was the FBI.


        Never served in the military
              5 Star General







No comments: