Wednesday, July 08, 2015

I Teach Future Thinking

What will happen tomorrow or next month? What will the next 5 years look like? Can you see trends in the next 20 years? I can and I teach it. And I can teach you. And I can teach you to teach others. And you will change lives. Think back with me to 1978. That is 37 years ago for those of you, like me, who have quick mathematical minds. I first began my future thinking course in a little private school off the path of the University of Miami. There was a 15 year old boy who was in that first class. His name was Eddy. Eddy excelled in the unique cocabulary course which required movie making in the mind. Almost the entire class conducted a mutiny and marched off to the Headmaster's office in protest. They didn't figure on the future outcome. You see, the Headmaster had hired me because I was different and had walked away from atop CPA firm to follow my passion---teaching---and he knew I was experimenting with groundbreaking ideas. He was very willing to let his internationally known campus be my personal teaching laboratory--and so for the next 5 years it was. Eddy went on to Duke and then he moved west. It just so happens that he became the protege to a man named Steve--that would be Steve Jobs. Yes, eddy Cue is now the #2 man at Apple Computer. His future thinking included the Apple Store and iTunes. Do you need to know more about the power of future thinking?

No comments: