Friday, June 26, 2015

Conversations with Tony Gwynn

I had first met him during the Padres championship run in 1998. I liked him from that very first handshake (he had small hands like I do). Over the years, our conversations were about one thing only---the art of hitting a baseball. I believed that Tony, with a twist from my career work in Visionary Thinking had an idea that could change the fortunes of any baseball team--especially a MLB franchise like the Padres. Tony's battle for his life with cancer brought on by chewing tobacco ended our conversations before they reached someone inside another organization. Now, I feel it is incumbent on me and my friendship with Tony, to seek a mover or shaker with a connection to the game. Someone who isn't afraid to rock the boat. Could that someone be you. Let's rock it together. stevetarde@gmail.com

No comments: