Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dear Principal:

Dear Principal:

It has been more than a decade since I led a coup which resulted in a creation of a Hall of Fame in a school district from where I had graduated 40 years earlier.

It was my way of creating a motivational tool to current and future students by recognizing the success of selected alumni.

I helped give birth to that baby and I hope more Halls in more schools might grow from the effort.

Yet, I wonder if the real genius of this idea is the mentoring potential such a connection suggests.

Can you imagine the possibilities if more school administrators utilized the brainpower and resources of former graduates to mentor their current student body, just beginning their personal journeys?

I have imagined it and I know for certain it would work.

All it would take would be a tenacious character and a very innovative school administrator.

Which brings me back to you.

Enjoy your holiday


Steve

No comments: