Saturday, September 27, 2014

Goodbye Derek Jeter

Goodbye, it chokes me up to say your name
This is more than a final regular season game.
Goodbye do I smile and look away? No, I think I'll smile and stay
To see where this might go.

'Cause the last time I felt like this, I was watching the Mick
It was his final game in Boston too and he could hardly pick up his stick.
Yes, the last time I felt like this, was long before I knew
What I'm feeling now with you.

 Goodbye I can't wait until all of this is through
 And I guess it means it's true--it is now your time to go--
I know that before the game is through, I will be crying over you
Twenty years--where did they go?

 'Cause the last time I felt like this I was losing my hero
Falling and feeling, I'd never fall in love again.
Yes, the last time I felt like this, was long before I knew
What I'm feeling now with you.

No comments: