Monday, July 01, 2013

Casey and Chew

Casey on Stage What have I been up to since I stopped playing ball? Well, that’s what this how is all about. I might have struck out on one lazy afternoon in Mudville, but the stage is a new playing field This is my story. Welcome to it. I learned early to drink beer, wine and whiskey. And I think I was about 5 when I first chewed tobacco. Babe Ruth Now, I take Casey to schools worldwide and we talk about the dangers of chewing tobacco. And you know something, kids are listening. If I did nothing else, that makes it all worthwhile. The kids ask me if I chew and I can understand where they got the idea. When they learn, I love jellybeans and not tobacco, we all have a big laugh. It bothers me when athletes send kids in the wrong direction. It really does. Do you know of a school who needs to hear my message? Pass it along!

No comments: