Monday, March 04, 2013

A Student Writes

One often hears about a student who reaches out in words to a former teacher or professor to thank them for their impact on their life. It is rare when that professor returns to said student’s life and makes such an impact all over again. This is my story. 30 years ago I met this wonderful teacher in Miami, Florida who inspired me to learn, to fall in love with words, with the world’s writers, with our language. And then what happened? Life got in the way. 30 years later I am getting another chance. And so is he. And I am writing for his new book, due later this year, WHY I WRITE. If you want to submit your inspirational story, poem or quote to the professor’s project, you will not only be partnering with him. You will be partnering with me. I look forward to your reply.

No comments: