Saturday, May 01, 2010

It's May 1 and You Are Here!

You know those maps that tell you where you need to go.

You need to know two things.

Where am I headed?

Where am I now?

So, the first thing that you are eager to see is that little icon which says:

YOU ARE HERE.

Voila!

Now, you can get to where you are going.

I ask you.

It's May 1.

That year which just seemed to start yesterday, the year 2010? It is now about 1/3 over.

Are you 1/3 closer to achieving what you set out to do on New Year's Day?

And what was that resolution anyway?

This week, my new book, GIFT TO MY DAD goes on sale at Amazon.com.

It is a book about fathers. sons, visualization, second chances, entrepreneurship, love and dreams.

It is a book about what is deep inside all of us.

This is my sixtieth year.

In may ways, it is my best year yet.

I live in the most beautiful city in the world.

It took me half my life to find a way to get here.

I met a woman and our relationship was so intense and right for both of us that we married 20 days from the day we met.

That 20 day love affair lasted 32 years.

I would say that we beat the odds.

Now, we have moved on to separate lives.

We remain friends to this day.

Which means we are still beating the odds.

Our union created two extraordinary children.

To date, such offspring have created two extraordinary children of their own.

Two children.

Two grandchildren.

We are most blessed.

And still the best is yet to come.

I have always attracted followers.

I have a very simple philosophy of life.

I strive to treat all others in the same way that I wish to be treated.

I don't believe the golden rule is a business rule.

It is a rule I follow in my life.

90% of my working life I have worked for myself.

When I am not working for myself, all is not right with my world.

I knew this from a very early age,

At 27, I fired my boss (of a CPA firm) and hired myself (to be the first life coach and entrepreneurial advisor).

I wrote a book about it.

That book (FIRE YOUR BOSS AND HIRE YOURSELF) sold one million copies.

I was able to give my family an extraordinary lifestyle.

And much more than that, I could give them the gift of time.

My time with them.

That was the greatest gift of all.

Eventually, the money disappeared.

The marriage ended.

The band stopped playing.

I returned to mind numbing employment.

I needed to fire my boss all over again.

Could I find the strength to do it again?

It seemed much harder than it once was when I was a very young man.

Somehow I found the gift inside me.

Now, I would like to pass the gift along to you.

GIFT TO MY DAD is now available at Amazon.

Will it change your life like it changed mine.....again.

How will you know if you don't order it and give it a read?

But I have a greater plan for you.

Don't take my word for it.

I want you to meet some of the greatest minds in America today.

They are just like you and me.

They want the same things you and I do.

Some were attracted to me because of the power of GIFT TO MY DAD.

Some loved that I have dedicated my life to the entrepreneur lifestyle.

A great many have joined me in giving back to teens who could break the cycle of generational poverty in their families if only they had the skills to succeed in the classroom.

I have dedicated myself to teaching those skills to others.

I believe education to be the great American leveler.

So I ask you to first read GIFT TO MY DAD and buy a few copies for your friends.

The message is simple, but powerful.

The more copies you buy, the more teens I can help,

Can you dream along with me that the South Bronx (my first teaching assignment) someday in the future of our worlds will no longer be considered a deprived area?.

What if the graduates of that community began to return in increasing numbers to rebuild and change the face of their childhood home?

Children like little Sonia.

Surely, you remember Sonia.

Little Sonia Sotamayor who is a Supreme Court justice of these United States of America?

We were players in the American educational system at the very same time.

I was teaching at a New York City middle school which was set fire to several times a week.

Sonia was at a more structured private school a few blocks way.

What if every child from the South Bronx discovered the same way out and future success as little Sonia did?

Would the South Bronx still be the South Bronx?

It is an interesting question.

I would like to keep changing the odds.

My thousands of students thank me that I have some of the answers.

Because they motivate me to continue teaching, I ask you to join me.

What do you get with your membership in my organization which has taken on the alliterative name of TEAM TARDE.

Well, you get to meet some of the greatest minds in America,

You get to meet entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their communities.

Let me tell you about just a few....................

There is Paula Aaron Rose.

I guess it was an omen that the woman who was destined to become my national membership director has two names associated with the greatest players who ever suited up in the National League.

If Paula believes in your business, thousands of people are going to hear you.

If Paula likes you, she might end a conversation by saying "If I can help you in any way..."

There is one difference to anyone who ever dropped that line on you.

Paula means it.

The entrepreneurs in TEAM TARDE are committed to two things.

They want to make the world a better place by successfully growing their business.

To do this, they have joined TEAM TARDE and become charter (low membership rate) members.

They have agreed to support my lifetime work of helping level the educational playing field in America,

They help me help others.

It all starts with Paula.

If she believes in you, most likely I will as well.

Paula is an extraordinary woman, single mom. entrepreneur, raising her two children In Atlanta.

She will tell you quite matter of fact that both her son and daughter will someday be champions of grand slam tennis events.

For now, her son is 14 (today) and her daughter is 7.

You better believe what Paula says.

She is as serious as a heart attack.

If you are growing a business, there is one person in America you need to speak to today.

Paula Aaron Rose of Atlanta, Georgia USA.

Tell her I said hello.....................

Maria Cronin of Chicago, Illinois.

Lets go west and meet the amazing Maria.

A single mom, real estate entrepreneur, pioneer in social media and Internet marketing , Maria is working to save the world while she strives for financial independence.

Once Maria believes in your cause as she believes in my sincere focus on helping kids, she becomes your tireless worker, your champion.

Maria is one of the woman entrepreneurs who is inspiring other women to live their dreams.

She doesn't need anyone to give her anything.

She will outwork anyone.

If you don't believe her, just ask.

She speaks eloquently and looks as good as she speaks.

I am very happy that Maria is one of the newest team captains with TEAM TARDE.....

Bruce Marc Waterman is one of my newest members of TEAM TARDE.

Bruce lives in Los Angeles, California.

I have a special feeling about Bruce.

Yes, he believes in my cause for kids and he likes the fact that I have aligned myself with entrepreneurs all over America who support each other.

But my instinct, as I find is true with almost all entrepreneurs, knew Bruce was beyond that.

I shared with Bruce that I was looking for someone to do a DVD of my new one man show GIFT TO MY DAD which I will be performing on Fathers Day in San Diego, California.

Without missing a beat, Bruce said to me that he would do it.

Bruce, I said, you are brand new to me and you are more than two hours away (LA to San Diego can be a nightmare of a trip).

Bruce was intractable.

Give me the chance, he demanded more than asked.

Prepare to be blown away were the words he left me with.

I have little doubt.

When you join TEAM TARDE, these are only a few of the entrepreneurs you will meet.

I gave you real names, real people you can contact right now.

For a small membership fee, if you can get past the watchful eyes of Paula Aaron Rose, you will become part of a team destined for greatness.

I love my team.

I love my new life.

I don't work for a living.

I live life.

Is that you?

Join us.

No comments: