Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Opening: My 50 Years with Casey at the Bat

I guess I will always be lucky that day he chose me.


Legend is that he was looking at almost age 80 to pass his soul on to someone who could carry on his legacy.


So on that day in may, he3 traveled from Mudville to Melville and changed my life forever.


Because on that day, I did something on the ball field that local people would never forget seeing.


80 years earlier, Casey had done something on the playing field as well--and baseball lovers and so many others never tire of hearing the story.


So you can say that this is our story--Casey and me--over the past half century.


And what a ride it has been.








If you are one of my followers you might have received an invitation to become a bookseller for MY 50 YEARS WITH CASEY AT THE BAT--


New booksellers are invited to write me at stevetarde@gmail.com and we can include you on our amazing team.

No comments: