Saturday, October 11, 2014

Casey's Motivational Proverbs

Casey's Motivational Proverbs

1. It isn't how many times you fall--it is how many times you get up

I fell head over heels in love at 25, but the recent falling hasn't been as much fun.

In the past few years, I fell in an enclosed parking lot, head over heels after tripping on a curb. Then there were my multiple falls when I was battling a kidney infection which eventually took my right kidney as tribute. My latest battle with the pavement was a weeks or so back. I was jogging across the street, not at the crossing stop and yes, somehow I found another curb.

Some good Samaritan, I found out later his name was Duane, helped me to my corner and signaled for the referee (ambulance). I had broken bones in my face, bloodied myself plenty, but was still alive.

So what does this tell a 126 year old ballplayer?

No comments: