Friday, April 02, 2010

15 Feet

Artin looked up at the crowd.

He had never played in an NBA arena.

Now he was staring at a sea of faces.

Somewhere in the crowd was his loving family.

How proud they must be of him tonight!

He approached the line.

Two shots.

If he made them, he could seal a victory.

It would be a State Championship in his senior year.

Artin was not nervous.

A wave of confidence gave him an inner strength.

He bounced the ball on the coirt and hear the echoes through the vast areana which had grown silent as he stood, fifteen feet away from making history.

In my box high above the court, I had no doubt Artin would make these shots.

He had been an excellent student.

He had immersed himself in my IMAGING FORULA.

Fifteen Feet.

Two shots.

Pressure?

I guess so, but isn't that what makes the victory so much sweeter.

Pressure is when champions shine brilliantly.

I heard the roar of the crowd before I saw the ball swish through the net.

One more shot.

State Champions.

This would be a night Artin and his teammates would remember forever.

I thought about that for a moment.

I had walked away from a lucrative career as a CPA to teach a mental formula few understood.

Would it ever be worth the risk I took?

Tonight I had my answer.

I had helped a group of young men make history.

Now, the crowd was rushing Artin and his team.

My eyes grew moist.

I had my answer.

Yes, it was worth it.

My personal net worth would never be higher than it was that very moment.

This is what I was destined to do.

Coach others to change their lives and by extension, have them change even more lives.

I was never more trusting of my instinct.

I had found what I was meant to do with my life.

No comments: